Gregory J. Armstrong
President & CEO, WEDGE Group
President, WEDGE Real Estate
Mr. Armstrong joined WEDGE in 1995, and became President and Chief Executive Officer in 2012. Prior to his appointment as CEO, Mr. Armstrong served 12 years as the president of WEDGE Real Estate Holdings, Inc., and was responsible for a real estate portfolio that included hotels, office, industrial, and self-storage properties. He has been instrumental in overseeing the company's operational performance and all real estate acquisitions, development, and growth opportunities.
Before joining WEDGE, Mr. Armstrong practiced as a Certified Public Accountant with national accounting firms specializing in tax and financial consulting to the real estate industry. Mr. Armstrong attended the University of Notre Dame and earned a Bachelors of Business in Accounting in 1981.
Throughout his professional career Mr. Armstrong has been actively engaged in community service focusing his efforts on at risk youth, park and green space, improving Houston's downtown and increasing its convention business, including serving as:
- Board Member, HAY Center, a program of Harris County CPS
- Co-Founder of Foster Success initiative supporting aged-out foster youth
- Senior Fellow of American Leadership Forum, Class XXXll
- Former Board Member, Finance Chair, Memorial Park Conservancy
- Former Advisory Board, Houston Parks Board
- Former Board Member, Downtown Houston Alliance
- Former Board Member, Operations Chair, Hilton Americas Hotel
- Former Board Member, Executive Committee Houston Katrina/Rita Fund
- Former Chairman, President and Board Member, The Park People
- Chairman, Mayor's Convention Hotel Advisory Group
- Big Brother, Big Brothers/Big Sisters
He has led efforts for Mayors Brown and White on the Discovery Green land acquisition, feasibility of Hilton Americas, development of Houston Pavilions, and establishing the Houston Katrina/Rita fund.